Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Promises - A Selection of Sweet Delights to the Soul: God's Purpose

When your plans for the day change, for the future change,
when you are trying your best, but your plan is just not being accomplished - 
look to this promise of God:

And we know,
that for those who love God
all things work together for good
for those who are called
according to his purpose.
For those whom he foreknew
he also predestined to be conformed
to the image of his Son,
in order that he might be the firstborn
among many brothers. Romans 8:28-29

When my day is going downhill this is a passage that gives perspective. 

What am I doing? Why is this happening to me? What did I do wrong? 

When I am being corrected, 
even because of my own sin
the correction is purposed for conformity to Christ: 
to being more like Jesus, and less like the man I use to be. 
God calls sinners to himself,
not for abandonment but for accomplishment - 
and what is to be accomplished?
it is his PLAN to conform me, you, the church of God to Jesus Christ. 
Even in the depths of trials our Almighty God is in control. 
That is wonderful, and that is a promise of God. 
Praise be to you: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment