Saturday, January 29, 2011

Country for people who hate Country



"I like every genre except country. Country music sucks." I've heard this so many times from friends and acquiantences - not to mention some of my beloved housemates. But this is a sad and general statement about a long lasting genre - not like disco.
I think there has been too much beef circulating around concerning the country genre,
and I ain't talking cattle.
So I've decided to make a list of some of my favourite songs that you can sing to those people who really hate country music.
These songs are so catchy it might just get them whistling along with you as you drive them in your red-pick up truck.

Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire 
Taylor Swift - Tim McGraw
Johnny Reid - Darlin'
Alan Jackson - Summertime Blues
Taylor Alison - You Belong With Me
Great Lake Swimmers - Pulling on a Line
Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
John Denver - Country Roads
Johnny Reid - Dance With Me
Paul Brant - Alberta Bound (Stauff shout-out)
Johnny Reid - Let's Go Higher
TAS - Back to December
Billy Cunnigham - People are Crazy
Brooks & Dunn - Boot Scootin Boogie (or Booty)
Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr - Sunshine on my Shoulders
Brad Paisley - Whisky Lullaby
T. A. Swift - Love Story
The Judds - Momma He's Crazy
and not willie nelson.


1 comment: